eCommerce Website Explained
What is an eCommerce website?
eCommerce website is an online store that allow people to shop 24/7 regardless of where they are located in the world. This means the online shop is accessible by people all over the world and can process payments while you sleep.
How do I get my own eCommerce website?
There are two ways – One is that you buy some books and/or attend a course on website design and then build it yourself. If you don’t have money but have alot of time then this would be the best option for you. The 2nd option is to hire a web designer to build it for you. You simply tell the person or company what you want to sell and the features you would like to have, and after one – two months you will have a professionally designed website.
What makes a good eCommerce website?
- Customer oriented – When making your website, think about your customers. They should have a quick idea of what it is that you sell. Your products should be easy to look at and when you have some products that only you are selling, make it stand out. Also, make sure that when a certain customer is not satisfied, you should be willing to give a refund.
- User friendly – No one wants to go any further when your site is all cramped and complicated. Make sure that when a customer uses it, it is easy to be explored. Also, give the customer the option to view as much as possible, to add and delete products. Since you are not there to attend to the customer personally, make sure the web site does it best on your behalf.
- Cross-sell your products – Some products could complement another product that you might also be selling. For example, a tie that goes great with this certain shirt. It will give the customer a great chance to buy two of your products and at the same time increase your sales. In this manner, it should not be done in a disruptive manner but aiming to sell all your products at every chance you get.
- Give the customer more options – This will give the customer the feeling of being in control. If you force your customers to create accounts before they can explore your site, then you are more likely to lose your sales. Give them the freedom to choose and you are more likely to have more recommendations rather than limiting their options.
- Security for the customers – Internet scams are all over the place. The only thing that you can do is to provide your customers a sense of security. Use a SSL or Secure Sockets Layer for website security. Also, identity theft can be avoided.
There are a lot of eCommerce websites already made for you in the internet. All you have to do is to search and choose the theme that is most appropriate for you. You can edit them the way you want them to function, add shopping carts, photo gallery, forums, and many more. When it is all made up, you are now in business.