Tips For Writing Search Engine Friendly Articles
Now that you have your website up and running and you are probably wondering how to get your website to rank high in search engines like Google.
There are many of strategies out there that can help your website’s rankings; one of these is to write articles that relate to your product or service and put them on your blog. If you don’t have a blog you can get one for free here.
Writing articles for your blog is easier than you may think, even if you do not think of yourself as a writer. There are several things you need to know if you want your articles to give you search engine values:
- Title – your title must convey the subject of the article. It helps to form the title as a question, or a ‘did you know’ format.
- Introduction – a short paragraph lets the reader know exactly what they will be learning or reading about.
- Spelling and grammar – make sure your proof read your articles. This is very important, as mistakes can ruin your credibility online and make you look very unprofessional.
- Content – give your readers some quality tips, strategies or details about your topic. The intent is to make them want to visit your website for more information about how you can help them.
- Keywords – When you write your articles, make sure use words that are relevant to your product or service. These are called keywords; keyword-rich articles get picked up by SEO robots and help get your website further up the rankings.
After you have posted the articles to your blog you can submit them to article directories. Make sure you rewrite the article slightly before doing this. And submit them to high quality article directories only. This way you will get the most out of your time.
Try to look for online newsletters, or ezines. Search for publications that are similar to your product or service. Contact the publisher and let them know you have an article you would like included in their next available issue. Most publishers are more than happy to publish new articles. Keep in mind, they will most likely want you to subscribe to their ezine, but it is not an absolute necessity.
As you write more useful articles, more people will visit your main website and more external links it will receive, which will give you higher rankings on your main website.