10 Tips For Getting More Repeat Website Visitors
No business would survive without repeat customers, the same applies to websites. Which is why you need to do more than everybody else if you want to attract more repeat visitors. First you need to know that people come to your website either for the information or completing a task like online survey for example. So the key to increase the value of your website. There are many ways to do that and here’s ten to get you started:
- Update your website often. If you have nothing new to add, try to improve the copy. This will let the search engines know that your website is still “active”.
- Start blogging for your business. Write something that could be useful to your customers.
- Join some affiliate networks, add their products to your website. Make sure they are not in direct competition with you.
- Invite people to opt-in for your newsletter or free gift.
- Join social bookmarking sites like Digg.com, stumbleupon and wiki, then add the icons to the bottom the homepage.
- Add a bookmark link to your website so people can easily save it to their favorites.
- Make sure your branding, colours and navigation are consistent on every page. It should be clear that which page the user is on.
- Create a policy page if you don’t have one yet. Let your customers know the principle and philosophy of your business, so that they will feel more comfortable in dealing with you.
- Make sure each page has a unique page title and description. Doing so will give you not only the search engine benefits, but also the benefits for humans.
- Create a user friendly 404 error page. By default, if somebody goes to a page that has been moved or doesn’t exists, he/she will be shown a page with the message “404 Error – page not found”. To make this page more user friendly you can create your own error message with a link that takes the user to the homepage.